Monday, June 24, 2013

Oh, What a Beautiful Day!

What a wonderful week! The best (slightly belated) birthday present I got was to witness the baptism of Miguel Angel on Saturday! Sister Silva and I are so happy for him! Baptism is such an important step, the first step on the "straight and narrow path." Nothing brings so much joy as to be able to witness that change in people's lives. At least that's what Ammon says and I tend to agree with him (Alma 26:35). Yup, Saturday was such a happy day, so of course I've got a couple pictures for you!



This week we got to begin exchanges! Roughly twice a week, Sister Silva and I get to go on 24-hour exchanges with various sisters in the zone. It's so wonderful to get to meet and serve with other sisters in the zone and learn from each other. This week, one exchange took an interesting turn when we got pulled over for speeding. But it was a great opportunity to get to know someone and share the gospel with him. Every day, God is putting people in our path, even in ways we wouldn't expect, or necessarily appreciate :).
Here's a picture of Sister Moulding and I after an exchange. We had such a fun day together! (For future reference, fun and spiritual are synonyms.)


The last few days I've been reading about Captain Moroni. He is a righteous man who is willing to give his all in defense of his people. He can do hard things because he knows what he is fighting for. He even raises what he calls, the "title of liberty," a banner on which he wrote his purpose, "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives and our children." I've heard it said that a person can endure any "what" when he's got a "why." Which of course leads to the question, what is my title of liberty? What is my "why"?  I hope you're not waiting for an answer because I'm still formulating one. But you and I can ponder that this week, and we'll see what we come up with.

Here are a few pictures of birthday celebrations! It was so nice of Sister Rojas to bake me a cake and get me a pinata!



Well, I hope you all have a lovely week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment