Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunsets!!

Well missions are a funny thing. Did you ever move off to school and room with someone you didn't know? And you had to get used to the new atmosphere and get to know each other's quirks? Well as missionaries, we get to experience that every 6 weeks. On transfer day, our President tells us where we'll be serving for the next six weeks and who we'll be serving with. The good news is that our president is really just the messenger; we know that God is the one sending us to different places for specific reasons.

This transfer day was an exciting one, because my new companion is...  drumroll... Sister Silva! my MTC companion. We are so excited to be out here in Horizon, teaching people about the gospel of Christ.


So the lovely town of Horizon, is on the edge of El Paso, a stone's throw from Juarez, and is full of empty, dusty desert. But Horizon has the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen in my life!


Am I right, or am I right? Just enjoy it, and wish you could see it in real life!


On Monday, we got to have a Family Home Evening with a family in the ward. It was a full house and a lot of fun - a wonderful lesson, delicious treats, and music! Isn't music the best? I think so, and so does Heavenly Father. He said, "The song of the righteous is a prayer unto me." Sister Silva and I love singing together - in the car, at home, even in lessons. I know that good music can bring the Spirit of God more powerfully than almost anything else.


Here is a photo of the all four sisters in our district. We have 4 sisters and 4 elders in our group.


Well I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment