Monday, May 6, 2013

Transfers ! ! ! !

This Tuesday was my first transfer day! That means that I got to pack up and move out to Horizon, Texas. It's a lovely little town, in the middle of the desert. The good news is we get to drive a truck. The even better news is that we get to keep being missionaries, teaching the gospel of Christ to anyone who wants to learn.
Around transfer time, people always ask, "Why are you getting transferred?" Well I'll tell you. God called a prophet to lead his people. That prophet called a man to be our mission president. And that mission president prayed to know exactly where each missionary ought to serve. Sometimes missionaries stay in an area for months and months. Sometimes they are transferred after just six weeks. But through prayer, and through revelation from God, every missionary serves exactly where they need to be. Isn't it incredible, the power of prayer?
Well I wish I had time to write more, but I've got to run. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment