Thursday, July 31, 2014

Spiritually Fed

(Note: I apparently forgot to post last week's blog. So here ya go - better late than never. - Amy)

This week Sister Hendricks and I got to try menudo for the first time! It's great to try new things and it was so nice of Hermana Adame to make it for us! I feel like I've passed some sort of test and I'm a true Mexican now ;)
We also made gluten free cupcakes this week (mix, courtesy of my family) to celebrate my birthday (one month late). So delicious!


Now, on to things that aren't food. Life here in the Northeast is great! I love how every day we get a chance to feel the Spirit! Anyone can feel the Spirit. It's that warm feeling when you made a good choice; it's the inexplicable comfort that comes to a person in a time of crisis. The Spirit is a messenger from God and always testifies of truth.

This week we taught two sisters-in-law about the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong that one of these sweet women started to cry. I was so grateful for the chance we had to sit and feel that communication from the Lord together.

 I am slowly learning that there are things that are in our control, and things that are not. As we learn to distinguish between the two, we are able to feel the peace and comfort that comes from knowing that we've done all we can and the rest is up to Him. Or, in more eloquent terms, "Dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
Hope you all have a great week and remember that when hard times come, you never have to face them alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment