Friday, February 22, 2013

Four Thousand Words

I've finally got pictures for you! Proof that I'm actually a missionary!


Look at my beautiful sisters, 30 seconds before we said goodbye. Aren't they super cute! (Rochelle, we know you were 900 miles away at the time, but you're there in spirit!)

This is me with my wonderful companion Hermana Silva. In light of our inability to sing more than a line or two in Spanish, we set a goal this week to memorize one hymn a day. It's going quite well.


This is our fantastic district in front of the Provo Temple. I'd like to point out the really happy photobomber on the left.

Also, our district is so great! I don't know anyone as dedicated to a joke as them. They wanted to scare Hermana Silva and I so they all waited in the dark for ten minutes waiting for us to come in and flip on the light. If that's not love, I don't know what is.


Look we're missionaries! Like Samuel Smith!

I learned the greatest phrase in Spanish, "a la accion." It means, "unto action" or "that drives you to act." I'm learning that belief or faith is just a wish if it isn't faith "a la accion." It's like putting your money where your mouth is. On Sunday, I was reading in Daniel about Shadrac, Meshach and Abednego (who's names, oddly enough, are spelled differently in Spanish). Now those guys had some pretty serious faith "a la accion, "by trusting God and sticking to their beliefs even when the king threw them into the fiery furnace. (If you haven't read the story, don't worry. It turns out alright. But I won't spoil the ending for you -- read it!) It's amazing the miracles that can come when we have that faith and trust "a la accion."

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment