Friday, March 1, 2013

Ohhhhhhhh! We're half way there!


I am officially more than half done with the MTC. In just two and a half weeks I'll be headed down to Albuquerque. It's been a week of firsts for me: I had my first missionary dream, I hosted new missionaries for the first time, and I attended my first devotional with an apostle.

What is a missionary dream, you might ask? A missionary dream is where someone is asking you all these great questions about the gospel and you want to answer them, but Sunday school is starting so you're trying to answer their questions quietly and then your alarm goes off and you wake up thinking, "No! How will he get the answers to his questions?!?!" That's a missionary dream.

On Wednesday, I got to be a host, welcoming new missionaries and helping them get settled in. It's crazy to think that was me just three weeks ago. If anyone reading this is on your way to the MTC soon, remember,  (1) Be so excited for the MTC. Apart from Disneyland, it may be the happiest place on earth. (2) You will learn so much about the Lord, your self, the gospel, and your mission language if you work hard. Of course it's hard work, but vale la peina! That means it's worth every bit of it.  (3) Don't forget that your life experiences are what make you unique as an individual and as a missionary. Bring all your old journals and reread them so it's all fresh in your mind. Your past struggles and experiences may be a blessing in someone else's life.

On Tuesday, an apostle, Elder M. Russell Ballard, came to speak to us at the devotional. What's an apostle, you might wonder? Well, just as Christ called twelve apostles in his time to preach His word and lead His church, God has called twelve apostles in our day for the same purpose. Cool, huh? This week, Elder Ballard blessed us that "your love for the Lord will be accelerated and grow far [bigger] than you imagined, as you serve Him." Isn't that so true? That the best way to come to know the Lord is to serve Him?

Check out this sweet picture I saw on the wall of the MTC! Gotta love prayer! I don't know about you, but when the supreme, all-powerful creator of the universe tells me I can kneel down and talk to him any time, any day about anything that's on my mind, I try to take him up on that.


Hope you have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment