Three days until I'm out of the MTC and headed down to New Mexico! I can't believe it's been almost six whole weeks! I'm so excited to get out and get to work, but I'm going to miss my wonderful district and zone here in the MTC.
Here are some of the sisters in my zone. Aren't they lovely?
Reasons I have the best district in the universe:
- Elder Shaum's flawless cricket impression
- "Close only counts in hand shoes and horse grenades. wait......"
- Elder Hamm's old British woman accent when he gets excited
- Elder Keenan's goal not to smile in a single mission picture and his goal to memorize lots of scriptures. He's quite faithful to both of these goals.
- Elder Bird's dry humor
- The reactions Elder Newman gets from every teacher when he sits criss-cross in his desk, "Wow Elder, es muy flexible."
- Elder Scott's invariable connection to everyone we meet. "You're from Glibert, too? Hey I bet you went to high school with my cousin."...
- Elder Gerber's inexplicable love of tanks.
- Spanglish phrases that we say as a joke, but that are starting to become habit like "Nunca mente" or "Que embarazada"
- Elder Norseth's endless supply of scripture references and stupid jokes.
Another reason I have the best district - they shared this fantastic scripture with me! So I'm gonna share it with you. This prophet named Alma founded a city full of people who just recently accepted Christ, repented of their sins, and been baptized. They're brand new to the gospel but they are so very faithful. When their city is overtaken and they become enslaved, they pray for deliverance. Then their captors make a rule against praying even, so they stop praying out loud, but "pour out their hearts to [God]; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts." And the Lord answers their prayers saying, "Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know the covenant which ye have made unto me." He's telling them he so glad they've covenanted, or promised, to follow him and he hasn't forgotten this act of faith on their part. Then he goes on, "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs." And that's exactly what he does. God strengthens their shoulders such that they cannot feel these heavy burdens placed upon them. Sometimes we feel weighed down by difficulties in our lives, but God is willing to strengthen us just as he strengthened the people of Alma. All we have to do is ask in faith, believing that He has that power to bless our lives.
Here's a picture of Sister Silva and I in front of the Provo Temple. We get to go to the temple every week. It brings us such a feeling of peace and happiness every time we're there.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
P. S. In case you were curious, the post title is a line from a song. It was either that or "I'm leaving on a jet plane"