Friday, March 8, 2013

Just 10 More Days!

Big news everyone! I got my travel plans! I'll be leaving the MTC and headed to Albuquerque on Monday, March 18. It's just ten days away! I can't wait!

This week was so exciting! A new batch of missionaries, called a district, joined our zone. (A quick vocab lesson: missionaries are organized into districts of 8-12 missionaries. In the MTC, you spend all day, every day with your district; they really become like your family. Every day, I'm reminded how lucky I am to have such a wonderful district. Five districts make up our branch. Our branch meets together for church each week.) These new missionaries are just so happy and excited to be here. I can already tell they're going to be fantastic missionaries.

Our branch president shared some wise words this week: You find what you look for. I realized that if what I find is dependent on what I look for, then I better pay close attention to what it is I'm looking for. I ought to look for the good in people. Look for the bright side. Look for miracles. In the scriptures, Christ has said, "Ask and ye shall receive. Knock and it shall be opened unto you." I want to make sure I'm asking for the right things and knocking on the right doors.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment